January 28, 2014
The Broncos and Seahawks will meet up in Super Bowl XLVIII and here’s a little background on their previous championship rings.
Hopefully this year’s Super Bowl game will be more competitive than the comparison number of championship rings each team currently has. The Broncos have won two Super Bowls (both with John Elway as quarterback), and appeared in four other Super Bowls where they lost.
The Seahawks have one Super Bowl appearance, having lost to the Steelers in Super Bowl XL.
Pictured above are rings from each of those games. No matter who wins Super Bowl XLVIII, each team will receive a ring – one will have “World Champions” on the ring, the other will be an AFC or NFC Championship ring.
Here are their previous appearances and scores of the game:
- Super Bowl XII – Cowboys 27, Broncos 10
- Super Bowl XXI – Giants 39, Broncos 20
- Super Bowl XXII – Redskins 42, Broncos 10
- Super Bowl XXIV – Forty Niners 55, Broncos 10
- Super Bowl XXXII – Broncos 31, Packers 24
- Super Bowl XXXIII – Broncos 34, Falcons 19
- Super Bowl XL Steelers 21, Seahawks 10